Encourage increased energy efficiency through space heating equipment selection.
Exceed ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2013 minimum efficiency requirements for 100% of installed heating capacity.
Projects attempting Performance Badge must fulfill Option B.
Option A. (1 point)
- Furnace efficiency of 92% AFUE or better
- Air source heat pumps efficiency of 8.5 HSPF or 2.5 COPH47 or better
Option B. (3 points)
- Furnace efficiency of 95% AFUE or better
- Meet performance levels of the HVAC enhanced efficiency chart, see ES 1 Increased Cooling Equipment Efficiency
- Construction documents indicate performance levels
- Mechanical submittals
- COMcheck file
- COMcheck Mechanical Compliance Certificate signed
- Site Inspection
American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) www.ashrae.org