Reward project team for going above and beyond the measures outlined in the EarthCraft Light Commercial program.
In order to be considered, the team must submit a narrative of the measures employed and provide supporting documentation in the form of specifications, calculations and/or photographs for verification purposes. Project teams can submit up to four Innovation credits for consideration. Project teams can review the Innovation Library for credit opportunities.
Project teams may submit new Innovation Credit ideas for consideration and must include the Purpose, Criteria, and Verification.
Below are examples for consideration (this list is not all inclusive):
- On-site solar, fuel cell, or co-generation system for 25% or more of annual energy use.
- Advanced framing strategies for wood framed construction
- Excavated trees milled for lumber used on project (not shredded or mulched)
- Process water reduction or greywater reuse system
- Vegetated "green" roof regularly accessible to building occupants ▪ Compost toilet system (less than 0.1 gpf)
- Company sustainability policy: include guidelines and tracking process (including carpooling, recycling, green purchasing, green cleaning, carbon offsets, employee incentives, etc)
- Alternative fuel company vehicle (e.g. electric, bio-diesel, natural gas, LP, Prius or equivalent mileage)
- Green cleaning policy and contract
- Edible garden within project site boundary
- Storm water - mimic natural hydrological processes using appropriately-sized water management systems that treats, infiltrates or reuses all storm water on-site. Off-site systems will be considered on a case by case basis
- Plant selection includes 40% or more wildlife foraging
- Narrative of measure employed
- Supporting documentation: e.g. specifications, calculations, photographs
- Innovation Credit Library: Follow documentation requirements