Reduce water pollution from land-disturbing activities.
Create an erosion and sedimentation control plan consistent with best management practices from state or local standards, whichever are more stringent.
In this plan, address impaired watershed management requirements that are identified in the 305(B)/303(D) Impaired Streams Segment document or local comprehensive plans.
Follow local or state turbidity testing requirements, procedures and allowable NTU or TSS levels. If the project does not have local turbidity testing requirements, adhere to requirements used elsewhere in the same watershed.
Hold erosion and sedimentation meeting between the developer, developer representative, contractor, site planner, engineer and erosion and sedimentation inspector before finalizing site plan.
Designate personnel responsible for responding to erosion and sedimentation control failures or negative site reports filed by an ECC TA.
A TA may request turbidity tests at any time. If test records indicate levels exceeding what is locally allowable, project personnel and contractor are responsible for adjusting best management practices to meet established performance targets.
If turbidity tests exceed allowable levels for two consecutive storm events, the project will be required to host a mandatory meeting between site contractor, turbidity testing agency and project manager to determine necessary changes for compliance. Documentation of the meeting must be submitted to ECC Administrators.
If turbidity tests exceed allowable levels for a third consecutive storm event, the project will be ineligible for certification.
- Erosion and sedimentation control plan for each phase of development. Plan should include the allowable Total Suspended Solids or NTU levels, turbidity testing requirements, the project’s planned strategies for turbidity testing and the name of the environmental firm responsible for turbidity testing.
- Electronic link (in the narrative box of the worksheet) or electronic copy of the state or local Erosion and Sedimentation Manual.
- Narrative describing the preliminary erosion and sedimentation meeting, including team members in attendance, location and date.
- Provide name(s) and phone number(s) for personnel responsible for erosion and sedimentation control performance on site.
- Provide the name and telephone number for the agency responsible for erosion and sedimentation control inspections.
- Inspection by an ECC Technical Advisor.