Promote pedestrian and bicycle access to surrounding neighborhoods by improving safety along existing road networks bordering the community.
Work with surrounding landowners and the local municipalities to fund, design and/or install features that improve non-vehicular transit networks outside the project boundary. Strategies towards this credit cannot duplicate other ECC credits or requirements.
Qualifying traffic-calming strategies include:
- Curb extensions
- On-street parking (parallel and diagonal)
- Median islands
- Sidewalk improvements
- Enhanced streetscape improvements, such as:
- Pedestrian crossings
- Street tree installation
- Work with surrounding community to design a pedestrian and/or bicycle circulation plan.
- Narrative describing the partners, planned improvements, timeline, and project's role and responsibilities.
- Documentation of financing structure. This can be explained in the narrative or additional reports submitted as needed.
- Inspection by an ECC Technical Advisor.