Engage surrounding community to better understand their issues and uncover opportunities available to the project.
In addition to, or as part of, the required Community Participation public meeting or the required Integrated Design Charrette, convene a site planning charrette with all surrounding landowners or owner representatives and other community stakeholders.
This site planning charrette should be held during early conceptual stages of community design, prior to permitting, and must be at least two days in length.
The charrette must be facilitated by one of the following individuals with approval from ECC Administrators:
- A construction and design professional holding the National Charrette Institute Certificate. See www.charretteinstitute.org
- A construction and design professional with experience as primary community designer for certified EarthCraft Communities.
- Copy of the invitations sent out to the community.
- Narrative describing the location, date and topics discussed/conclusions reached.
- Sign-in sheet from the community meeting.