Reduce waste stream generated by community residents.
- Recycling Pick Up (1 point) Locate the project in a jurisdiction that has a municipally-provided recycling program with regular pickup servicing any portion of the site. The program may be curb side pickup for residential units and/or co-location with community trash receptacles.
- The project should provide clear signage for co-located recycling containers and integrate recycling education into resident training, orientation and/or walk-through.
- Community Recycling (2 points) Build a community recycling center that exceeds local recycling capabilities either in materials picked-up or building types serviced.
- Maintain a contract with a pick-up service for a minimum of three years after ownership and management is given to the homeowners' association or property management entity.
- The recycling service must be in operation no later than 50% occupancy.
- Recycling Pick up: Documentation of the jurisdiction’s recycling pick-up program.
- Community Recycling: Narrative describing what is currently provided by municipallyprovided recycling pick-up service, what services will be contracted for the community, where containers will be located and how the service contract will be maintained. Additional documentation of ongoing funding mechanism may be requested by ECC Technical Advisor.
- Contract or other verification document that the recycling service will be/is provided to the community.
- Inspection by an ECC Technical Advisor if possible prior to ECC certification is awarded.
Please sign in to leave a comment.