Promote efficient heating and cooling of multiple residential and commercial uses.
Install a district heating and/or cooling system which provides the full heating and cooling capacity for a percentage of the total project square footage of conditioned space.
The strategy must provide a community-wide system. Any systems localized to individual homes/units will be awarded through the appropriate EarthCraft building program (ECH or ECMF).
A variable speed motor and drives should be used throughout as well as individual meters for each unit in the system.
- Geothermal (ground loop) heating/cooling
- Combined heat and power (CHP)
- Solar heat
- Solar cooling using absorption chillers
- Condensing boiler
|Percent of Condition Building Square Footage Supplied by District Heating/Cooling:||Points|
Projects may earn a maximum of 20 points from the District Heating/Cooling, Renewable Electric Generation and Alternative Thermal Production credits.
- Calculation of the total conditioned building square footage for all structures within the project and total conditioned building square footage served by the district system.
- Utility installation plans detailing the district energy plan.
Please sign in to leave a comment.