Produce hot water in an efficient manner.
Produce a percentage of projected annual output of the central heating and cooling plant through solar or combined heat and power sources.
The strategy must provide a community-wide system. Any systems localized to individual homes/units will be awarded through the appropriate EarthCraft building program (ECH or ECMF).
50% of the combined heat and power output can be considered for this calculation.
100% of a solar thermal system can be considered for this calculation.
|Percentage of Projected Annual Central Heat/Cooling Plant Output provided by Alternative Sources||Points|
Projects may earn a maximum of 20 points from the District Heating/Cooling, Renewable Electric Generation and Alternative Thermal Production credits.
- Narrative describing the type of system to be installed and the units/buildings expected to be served.
- Calculation of the expected total annual output of the central heating and cooling plan in BTUs.
- Calculation of the total annual output percentage that will be provided by solar or combined heat and power.
- Utility installation plans and construction documents detailing the district energy plan and sources of alternative energy.
- Calculation of actual total annual output of the plant in BTUs and percentage provided by solar or combined heat and power.