- Insulation baffles at all soffit vents, trays and attic access
- Loose-fill insulation R-value certificate, and depth rulers installed 1 per 300 ft²
- Platforms allow for full-depth insulation below
- Attic access within conditioned space ≥R-5
- Knee walls ≥1ft tall insulated to R-18 with sealed attic side air barrier
- Knee walls <1ft tall fully covered to achieve same R-value as surrounding attic
It is important to Insulate unconditioned attic spaces correctly because they are a potential source of significant heat loss and gain. This item focuses on installing attic insulation to the correct depth (R-value) at differing attic locations and ensuring the insulation is not susceptible to wind-washing or convective losses.
See above requirements for reference.
The Technical Advisor will visually verify compliance during the mid-construction and final inspections.