- Install ducts per ACCA Manual D duct design
- Measure and balance airflow per ACCA Manual B
- Verify supply and return duct static pressure
Improved duct design ensures that HVAC performance and comfort goals are met for a project. A Manual D duct design allows the HVAC contractor to design the distribution system in a way that delivers adequate conditioned air to each room without over pressurizing or depressurizing other areas.
Design and install HVAC ductwork in accordance with an ACCA Manual D. A list of approved Manual D software may be found here.
- The EarthCraft Builder will provide the Technical Advisor with the balance and pressure test results prior to submitting project for certification.
- The Technical Advisor will review the Manual D duct design prior to the mid-construction inspection. During the mid-construction inspection, the TA will visually verify that the as built duct design matches the Manual D design.