- Keep thermal envelope simple (add "architectural interest" outside of it).
- Keep window area down (10-15% of wall area for single-family houses).
- For small buildings, design a compact shape. For large buildings, bump-ins for daylighting may be more important.
- Limit "open to below" areas in the floor.
- Not too “tiny” and detached – design attached housing with small units instead.
- Use good details that don’t require excessive labor to air-seal (avoid "conceptual retrofitting".)
© 2021 Passive House Alliance. All Rights Reserved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.