This exam is designed to test the knowledge and skills necessary to participate in the design process, to support and encourage integrated design and to streamline the application and certification process. You should also be familiar with the content of the U.S. Green Building Council’s website, usgbc.org, and GBCI’s website, gbci.org, including, but not limited to, LEED project registration, LEED certification content and the purpose of LEED Online. USGBC’s website also has free access to all LEED rating systems, LEED Reference Guide introductions and checklists beyond those listed above.
- U.S. Green Building Council. LEED Interior Design and Construction Reference Guide. v4 e-Document (PDF) Edition. U.S. Green Building Council, 2019.
- “Green building incentive strategies.” U. S. Green Building Council, 2014.
- U.S. Green Building Council. Guide to LEED Certification: Commercial. U.S. Green Building Council, 2014.
- U.S. Green Building Council. Foundations of LEED. U.S. Green Building Council, 2009.
- U.S. Green Building Council. LEED v4 for Interior Design and Construction Checklist.
- U.S. Green Building Council, 2013.
- “LEED Online: Register a project.” U.S. Green Building Council, 2014.
- “LEED Certification Fees.” U.S. Green Building Council, 2014.
- “Addenda Database.” U.S. Green Building Council.
Disclaimer: The exam questions listed here were discarded in the process of creating questions for new exams.
The questions are provided for your convenience to allow you to better familiarize yourself with the format and general content of questions on exams.
The content of these questions, while representative of the type of questions you can expect, does not necessarily mirror the content that will appear on the actual exams.
Furthermore, your ability to correctly answer these sample questions does not in any way predict or guarantee your ability to successfully answer questions on the actual exams.
- Which of the following use types is classified as a service? *This question represents Knowledge Domain 3A: Location and Transportation; Surrounding density and diverse uses (e.g., walkability; street design and intersection density)
- Hardware store
- Place of worship
- Under Location and Transportation credit surrounding Density and Diverse Uses, how many points are available under option 2: Diverse Uses? *This question represents Knowledge Domain 3A: Location and Transportation; Surrounding density and diverse uses (e.g., walkability; street design and intersection density)
© 2021 U.S. Green Building Council