706.1 - Energy Consumption Control (3 points MAX)
A whole-building or whole-dwelling unit or whole-sleeping unit device or system is installed that controls or monitors energy consumption.
programmable communicating thermostat with the capability to be controlled remotely (1 point)
- energy-monitoring device or system (1 point)
- energy management control system (3 points)
- programmable thermostat wit control capability based on occupant presence or usage pattern (1 point)
- lighting control system. (1 point)
Manufacturer's product specification(s).
706.2 - Renewable Energy Service Plan
Renewable energy service plan is provided as follows:
Builder selects a renewable energy service plan provided by the local electrical utility for interim (temporary) electric service, or purchases renewable energy certificates (RECs) to cover electricity used. The builder’s local administrative office has renewable energy service or has otherwise been paired with RECs. Green-ecertified (or equivalent) is required for renewable electricity purchases. (1 point)
- Required Documentation: Evidence (e.g., utility bills) builder has selected renewable energy service for both construction and local office for temporary electric service during construction.
- The buyer of the building selects one of the following renewable energy service plans provided by the utility prior to occupancy of the building with a minimum two-year commitment.
less than half of the dwelling’s projected electricity and gas use is provided by renewable energy (1 point)
- half or more of the of the dwelling’s projected electricity and gas use is provided by renewable energy (2 points)
- Required Documentation: Service agreement that owner has selected renewable energy service plan for permanent service after completion.
706.3 - Smart Appliances and Systems
Smart appliances and systems are installed as follows:
- Clothes dryer
- Clothes washer
- Room Air Conditioner
- HVAC systems
- Service hot water heating systems
3-5 smart appliances installed (1 point)
6 or more smart appliances installed (2 points)
Manufacturer’s literature or label.
706.4 - Pumps
706.4.1: Pool, spa, and water features equipped with filtration pumps as follows:
- Electronically controlled variable-speed pump(s) is installed (full load efficiency of 90 percent or greater). (1 point)
Electronically controlled variable-speed pump(s) is installed (full load efficiency of 90 percent or greater) in a pool (3 points)
706.4.2: Sump pump(s) with electrically commutated motors (ECMs) or permanent split capacitor (PSC) motors is installed (full load efficiency of 90 percent or greater). (1 point)
706.5 - On-Site Renewable Energy System
One of the following options is implemented:
Building is Solar-Ready in compliance with IECC Appendix A Solar Ready Provisions. (1 point)
- An on-site renewable energy system(s) is installed on the property (2 points per kW)
- An on-site renewable energy system(s) and a battery energy storage system are installed on the property. (2 points per kW, 1 point per 2 kWh)
Note: Points awarded shall not be combined with points for renewable energy in another section of this chapter. Points shall not be awarded for solar thermal or geothermal systems that provide space heating, space cooling, or water heating, points for these systems are awarded in § 703. Where onsite renewable energy is included in § 702 Performance Path or 704 ERI Target Path, § 706.5 shall not be awarded. The solar-ready zone roof area in #1 is area per dwelling unit. Points in item #2 and #3 shall be divided by the number of dwelling units.
Multifamily Building Note: Conditioned common area and non-residential space is excluded for the purpose of calculating number of units.
Manufacturer’s literature or installer certification showing number of watts produced by installed system.
706.6 - Parking Garage Efficiency (2 points)
Structured parking garages are designed to require no mechanical ventilation for fresh air requirements.
706.7 - Grid-Interactive Electrical Thermal Storage System
A grid-interactive electric thermal storage system is installed.
- Grid-Interactive water heating system (1 point)
- Grid-Interactive space heating and cooling system (1 point)
706.8 - Electrical Vehicle Charging Station (2 points)
A Level 2 (208/240V 40-80 amp) or Level 3 electric vehicle charging station is installed on the building site. (Note: Charging station shall not be included in the building energy consumption.)
706.9 - CNG Vehicle Fueling Station (1 point)
A CNG vehicle residential fueling appliance is installed on the building site. The CNG fueling appliances shall be listed in accordance with ANSI/CSA NGV 5.1 and installed in accordance to the appliance manufacturer’s installation instructions. (Note: The fueling appliance shall not be included in the building energy consumption.)
706.10 - Automatic Demand Response (1 point)
Automatic demand response system is installed that curtails energy usage upon a signal from the utility or an energy service provider is installed.
Building plan review.
706.11 - Grid-Interactive Battery Storage System (2 points)
A grid-interactive battery storage system of not less than 6 kWh of available capacity is installed.
Building plan review.
706.12 - Smart Ventilation (1 point)
A whole-building ventilation systems is installed with automatic ventilation controls to limit ventilation during periods of extreme temperature, extreme humidity, and/or during times of peak utility loads and is in accordance with the specifications of Appendix B.
Building plan review.
706.13 - Alternative Refrigerant
Use of the following in mechanical space cooling systems for dwellings.
- Use alternative refrigerant with a GWP < 1000 (1 point)
- Do not use refrigerants (2 points)
706.14 - Third-Party Utility Benchmarking Service
- For a multifamily building, the owner has contracted with a third-party utility benchmarking service with at least five (5) years of experience in utility data management and analysis to perform a monthly analysis of whole-building energy and water consumption for a minimum of 1 year. (3 points)
- The building owner commits to reporting energy data using U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager for a minimum of three years. (1 point)
For (1) contract with benchmarking service at least 1 year in duration.
For (2) proof of a Portfolio Manager account for the building.
706.15 - Entryway Air Seal
For multifamily buildings, where not required by the building or energy code, to slow the movement of unconditioned air from outdoors to indoors at the main building entrance, the following is installed:
- Building entry vestibule (2 points)
- Revolving entrance doors (2 points)
Building plan review.
© 2020 Home Innovation Research Labs, Inc. All rights reserved.