- Are sustainable operations and maintenance practices incorporated into the Installation Environmental Management System (EMS)?
- Through an integrated process and team, identify and implement operations and maintenance policies that improve building environmental performance, protect natural, historic, and cultural resources, support occupant health and wellness, and improve the climate resiliency of facilities and operations.
- Has there been an assessment of existing conditions and operational procedures of the building and/or major building systems and have areas been identified for improvement?
- Assess existing condition and operational procedures of the building and major building systems, consideration of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and consideration of appropriate energy resiliency measures, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and identify areas for improvement.
- Are there established operational performance goals for energy, water, material use and recycling, and indoor environmental quality, and ensured incorporation of these goals throughout the remaining lifecycle of the building?
- Establish operational performance goals for energy and water; product compliance goals for material use, recycling and indoor environmental quality; and is incorporation of these goals ensured throughout the remaining life cycle of the building and establish verification process.
- Is there a building management plan to ensure that operating decisions and user/tenant education are carried out with regard to integrated, sustainable building operations and maintenance?
- Incorporate goals into building management to ensure that operating decisions and tenant education are carried out with regard to integrated building operations and maintenance.
- In addition to the work order program/Facilities Managers, are building operations and maintenance augmented as needed, using Building Manager/occupant/user feedback on work space satisfaction?
- Engage building occupants with building environmental performance information. Augment building operations and maintenance as needed using occupant feedback on work space satisfaction.
© 2020 National Institute of Building Sciences. All rights reserved.