Use the following questions-based assessment elements to assess Guiding Principles compliance of an existing building. Each element has two designations noted under the element title:
- “Required” or “Additional” and
- “Installation-wide” or “Building-specific”.
Designation definitions are:
- “Required” means the element must be met to be in compliance.
- “Additional” means the element is an optional part of the assessment. Forty percent of these elements must be met to be in compliance.
- “Installation-wide” means the element can be met through Installation policy/specifications/contracts (where the building is located.)
- “Building-specific” means the element must be met at the building level.
© 2020 National Institute of Building Sciences. All rights reserved.