(10 maximum points possible)
Off-Site Fabrication for Construction Optimization (4 points)
GREEN GLOBES #126.96.36.199 - ANSI #10.7.1.1 What percentage of the project incorporates building elements that are produced by one or both of the following methods, alone or in combination?
- Modular Construction
- A minimum of 20% (4 points)
- A minimum of 15% (3 points)
- A minimum of 10% (2 points)
- A minimum of 5% (1 points)
- Less than 5% (0 points)
- Design specifications
- Construction Documents
Design for Deconstruction (DfD) (6 points)
GREEN GLOBES #188.8.131.52 - ANSI #10.7.2.1 Does the project teams document the application of design for deconstruction (DFD) principles in the design of the building and provides the Owner with a Deconstruction Plan that addresses both partial deconstruction (for renovations) and total deconstruction (for end of life removal) of the building to maximize the reuse and recycling of building components and materials?
- Yes (6 points)
- No (0 points)
- Design for Deconstruction, M. Pulaski, C. Hewitt, M/ Horman, and B. Guy, Modern Steel, (June 2004)
- Design for Deconstruction: Principles of Design to Facilitate Reuse and Recycling, W. Addis, B. Happold, and J. Shouten, Construction Industry Research & Information Association (2004)
- Design for Disassembly in the Built Environment, Brad Guy, Hamer Center, Penn State University (2008)
- CSA Z783-12 Deconstruction of Buildings and Their Related Parts
- Deconstruction Plan
© 2020 Green Building Initiative, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Please sign in to leave a comment.