Assemble a comprehensive action plan of performance targets, feasible strategies for achieving the targets, and a schedule and resources for implementation.
The Roadmap is an action plan that describes baseline conditions, sets ambitious performance targets, and devises implementation strategies to achieve the targets by a horizon year.
ROADMAP ASSEMBLY IN 3 STEPS
STEP 1: ESTABLISH CONTEXT AND SELECT PRIORITIES AND OBJECTIVES
Understand the district’s setting and location in the community, including who and what will influence successful district outcomes, and what goals are to be emphasized.
- Convene stakeholders to finalize the district boundary, identify contextual issues, and identify ongoing or imminent activities by others relevant to the Imperatives and Priorities.
- Select at least three Priorities and corresponding objectives that align with contextual findings and stakeholder input. Consider addressing remaining Priorities in future Roadmap updates.
STEP 2: SELECT INDICATORS, ASSESS BASELINE PERFORMANCE, AND SET TARGETS
Choose performance indicators for the Imperatives and selected Priorities, establish current performance baselines, and develop future performance targets.
- Select indicators for reporting on baseline conditions, future targets, and ongoing performance, as described in Appendix B.
- Using the indicators, prepare a baseline assessment of current district performance relative to the Imperatives and selected Priorities.
- Develop future performance targets using the indicators and relevant local plans.
STEP 3: IDENTIFY STRATEGIES AND ASSEMBLE ROADMAP
Identify feasible strategies, funding, and an implementation schedule for reaching targets by the horizon year and assemble into a comprehensive action plan.
- Identify potential strategies to meet the targets and test the strategies with stakeholders to seek feedback and evaluate feasibility.
- Assemble the context, assessment plan, baseline conditions, future performance targets, strategies, funding, and implementation schedule into a Roadmap