Implement the Roadmap, report progress towards targets, and use results to strengthen performance and transfer lessons learned.
Performance focuses on measuring impact and gauging a district’s progress towards its performance targets. This is an ongoing phase during which reports are shared regularly in the community and publicly on the EcoDistricts Registry. A district’s biennial progress report becomes the basis of measuring impact over time and supporting peer-to-peer learning.
PERFORMANCE REPORTING IN 3 STEPS
STEP 1: UPDATE GOVERNANCE AND ROADMAP
Maintain organization capacity and leadership that represents stakeholder interests, keeps the district moving toward its targets, and seeks opportunities for strengthening district activities. Execute the Roadmap by confirming strategy feasibility and securing implementation. Update the Roadmap to reflect implementation experience and include new or modified strategies, and address Priorities not included in an initial version.
- Maintain open and accessible accounts of district governance.
- Amend the Roadmap with new or modified strategies, as appropriate.
STEP 2: REPORT PROGRESS
Track the district’s progress toward its targets, and report biennially to stakeholders and the community to foster transparency, share experiences, and maintain momentum.
- Prepare and distribute a biennial progress report that includes updated indicator results.
STEP 3: LEARN FROM PERFORMANCE
Ensure that the district continually develops its collaborative decision-making, celebrates successes, and identifies opportunities for improvements in implementation of projects, programs and indicator performance.
- Maintain a backbone organization and governance structure that provides leadership and strives for continual improvement.
- Ensure that success is celebrated, knowledge is shared, and opportunities to replicate success throughout the community are identified.