Applicable to: Cities & Utilities, Campuses
To encourage users to invest in energy use reduction and electricity system improvements and to promote third-party tools and services.
Cities and Utilities
OPTION 1. Third-party tools and services (1 point)
Have in place equipment and programs that provide a wide array of third-party tools and service choices for all types of users. Customers must be allowed to choose among at least three providers, manufacturers, or suppliers for two or more of the following technologies:
- Advanced thermostats that can communicate directly with advanced meters
- Building energy management systems
- Electricity or chilled water storage
OPTION 2. Market and financial incentives (1 point)
Have in place financial incentives for demand-side investments for any one of the applicable customer classes, including residential, commercial, small industrial, and large industrial, by providing financing that meets the following criteria:
- Interest rate less than the market prime rate or base points
- Term greater than five years
- Application process that can be completed in four weeks or less
- Applicability to more than one generation technology
Offer tenants an energy clause, green lease, or other contractual language addressing energy-efficient build-outs, payment structures for energy efficiency upgrades, cost recovery or pass through for energy related capital costs, and/or utility data sharing (1 point).
© Copyright 2020 GBCI. All Rights Reserved.