Encourage resilient product life cycles through the design of products that can be readily adapted to changing circumstances without extensive modifications.
STRUCTURE + COMMUNITY REQUIREMENTS
Identify an appropriate service lifetime and align durability with the potential for recyclability, reusability, deconstructability and reparability.
Select products and design assemblies that exhibit a combination of at least three of the following properties during their use phase:
- High degree of serviceability + reparability
- High degree of wear resistant and/or hides scuffs
- Construction has strong joints and reinforcing
- Gains character with wear and weather
- Timeless, classic aesthetics
- Loose fit and/or modular flexibility + adaptability
- Movable, scalable or convertible
© Copyright 2020 GBCI. All Rights Reserved.