Applicable to: Cities & Utilities, Campuses, Transit
To promote demand-response (DR) strategies that improve performance and reliability.
Cities and Utilities
Have in place tariff options that support short-term reductions in peak demand, using the following tariff structures for customer categories, including residential, commercial, and industrial (1 point):
- Critical peak pricing
- Critical peak rebate
Have in place a DR program for at least 50% of customers across commercial, and industrial categories (1 point).
Campuses and Transit
CASE 1. Demand-response program available (1–2 points)
Participate in an existing DR program and complete the following sequential steps:
- Step 1. Have in place a system with the capability for real-time, fully automated DR based on external initiation by a DR program provider. The program may be semi-automated.
- Step 2. Achieve Step 1 and make a minimum one-year DR contractual commitment with a qualified DR program provider, with the intention of multiyear renewal, for at least 10% of the annual peak electricity demand (1 point).
- Step 3. Achieve Steps 1 and 2 and develop a comprehensive plan for meeting the contractual commitment during a demand response event.
- Step 4. Achieve Steps 1–3 and include the DR processes in the current facilities requirements and operations and maintenance plan and initiate at least one full test of the DR plan (1 point).
CASE 2. Demand-response program not available (1–2 points)
Have in place infrastructure to take advantage of a future DR program or dynamic, real-time pricing program.
- Step 1. Develop a comprehensive plan for shedding at least 10% of the annual peak electricity demand.
- Step 2. Achieve Step 1 and include the DR processes in the current facilities requirements and operations and maintenance plan (1 point).
- Step 3. Achieve Steps 1 and 2 and conduct at least one full test of the DR plan.
- Step 4. Achieve Steps 1–3 and discuss participation in future DR programs with local city or utility representatives (1 point).
© Copyright 2020 GBCI. All Rights Reserved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.