Applicable to: Cities & Utilities, Campuses, Transit
To evaluate and reduce risks to the project and its functions.
Conduct a comprehensive risk assessment for critical assets within the project boundary, using the risk matrix approach described in the PEER Reference Guide. Develop a matrix for risk events with following dimensions, each with at least five classes:
- Probability or frequency of occurrence (rare, unlikely, possible, likely, almost certain)
- Severity (very low, low, medium, high, very high)
Conduct a risk assessment of at least four risk events for each of the following subsystems, including their individual assets:
- Main substations or switchyards
- Distribution substations or switchyards
- Distribution transformers
- Overhead distribution lines
- Underground power cables
- Local generation
- Energy storage systems
- Communication and control infrastructure
- Backup power supply
- Metering Infrastructure
Evaluate each of the chosen risks across at least two of the following criteria:
- Quality of service
Points are awarded according to Table 1.
Table 1. Points for risk assessment
|> 4 risk events, 2 criteria||1|
|> 6 risk events, 3 criteria||2|
Prioritize the assessed risks for all subsystems and their assets (1 point).
Develop mitigation strategies for all identified and prioritized risks (1 point).
Projects that complete comprehensive risk assessments for eight risk events across four criteria earn 1 additional point for exemplary performance under the Innovation credit category.
© Copyright 2020 GBCI. All Rights Reserved.