Applicable to: Cities & Utilities, Campuses, Transit
To ensure that the project can respond to emergency situations during power interruptions.
Prepare an emergency response plan written specifically for the project or the project’s customers, addressing both short-term and extended power interruptions. Incorporate at least three of the following strategies:
- At least two forms of prearranged backup communications for internal and external communication
- Emergency backup power for the project’s command-and-control center
- Needs assessment to determine the backup power and stored energy or fuel required for each critical load and essential service
- Load priority list, indicating the order in which power to loads or circuits will be restored after a power interruption
- Operating procedures, including instructions to start generators and placement of power switches for restoring power
- Plans and procedures for conducting emergency drills and training for staff responsible for restoring power and operating the project’s command-and-control center during emergencies
- Plans for managing vehicular traffic within the project’s service area during power interruptions
Points are awarded according to Table 1.
Table 1. Points for emergency response strategies
Standards and References:
National Fire Protection Association 1600
CEA (Grid Standards) Regulation 2010 and State Disaster Management Plan (India)
© Copyright 2020 GBCI. All Rights Reserved.