- Cities and Utilities (1–2 points)
- Campuses (1–5 points)
- Transit (1–5 points)
To reduce the effects of project construction and operation on site biodiversity, land use, and noise levels.
Cities and Utilities
Have in place processes to track and record the following information, and make a commitment to its disclosure (1 point):
- Trees cut or trimmed for project construction and operation
- Wildlife disturbed for project construction and operation Implement policies and programs to reduce or prevent harm to the local environment, including trees, wildlife, and wildlife habitat (1 point).
Campuses and Transit
Have in place processes to track and record the following information, and make a commitment to its disclosure:
- Trees cut or trimmed and wildlife disturbed for project construction and operation (1 point)
- Noise levels emitted by generation assets, overhead cables, substations, and switchyards (1 point)
- Area (m2 ) and type of land (e.g., agricultural, brownfield) used for project systems (1 point)
Implement policies and programs to reduce or prevent harm to the local environment, including trees, wildlife, and wildlife habitat (1 point).
Address noise levels as follows (1 point):
- Determine the maximum acceptable noise level at the project’s property line.
- Conduct screening measurements, then refine measurements to determine the loudest location on the property line using slow time response.
- Conduct measurements with IEC 60651 Type 1, IEC 61672 Class 1, ANSI S1.4-Type 1 sound level meter or equivalent.
- Identify strategies to reduce noise to acceptable levels.
ALTERNATIVE COMPLIANCE PATH
For projects in India, comply with CPCB Protocol for Ambient Level Noise Monitoring.
Standards and references:
lSO 14001: 2004
Bureau of Indian Standards 14001: 2004
© Copyright 2020 GBCI. All Rights Reserved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.