To facilitate social + economic interconnectivity and cohesion through active civic engagement and facilitation.
STRUCTURE + COMMUNITY REQUIREMENTS
CV Action 4.1 Public Amenities: Manage + Operate a Community Space + Resource (1-12 points)
Manage or Co-Manage + Operate a Community Space and/or resource free of charge or at nominal expense:
- Bus or Transit Shelter (Cleaning, minor maintenance, post schedule(s) + provide schedule(s) for other lines)
- Community Bike Repair Space and/or Day Stowage Space
- Community Car Share
- Community Education Space For at Least 12 People
- Community Garden
- Community Indoor/Outdoor Recreation (For guidance see LEED ND V4 Access to Recreation Facilities)
- Community Meeting Room for at Least 8 People
- Community Mesh Network Computer System
- Community Radio Station
- Community Resource Reuse/Swap Space
- Community Tool Share
- Community Usable Open Space (For guidance see LEED ND V4 Access to Civic and Public Space)
- Community Work (Indoor or Covered)
- Farmers Market/Community Support Agriculture (Exchange Space) (For guidance see LEED ND V4 Local Food Production, Option 3.)
- Kitchen Space - Available to the Community at harvest periods.
- Small (3-10 person) Emergency Shelter for Surrounding Facilities and Areas (Storm and/or Cooling Shelter)
CV Action 4.2 Actively Participate in Local Disaster Recovery Programs (3 points)
Actively participate in a local, regional or national disaster recovery program(s) including but not limited to one organized under the National Recovery Framework.
CV Action 4.3 Actively Participate in a Local, Regional or National Groups + Organizations (1 point)
Actively participate in local, regional or national groups, councils, government and other organization(s) that contribute primarily to the social + public good. If officially organized they should be nonprofit and/or democratically governed with open participation.
CV Action 4.4 Organize and Develop a Community Communication Tool (1-4 points)
- Community Radio Station (can include fundraising for equipment)
- Community Newsletter (print, delivered door to door)
- Rural-Urban Community Forum + Newsletter
© Copyright 2020 GBCI. All Rights Reserved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.