To reduce packaging waste generated at the facility as well as downstream.
Define reduction goals for inbound and outbound packaging. Create and implement a strategy to meet all goals. Gather documentation on baseline size and amount of packaging for both inbound and outbound materials.
Review total amount of product packaging generated for inbound and outbound materials. For inbound materials, work with upstream vendors to identify materials that may have excessive or unnecessary packaging. Then find a solution to eliminate or reduce the packaging. For outbound materials, work with manufacturing, operations and/or packaging departments to identify opportunities to reduce internally generated packaging materials.
- Narrative defining packaging reduction goals and describing the strategy to meet the goal
- Documentation of written, adopted goal(s) to reduce the overall size/amount of product packaging for both inbound and outbound packaging
- Data on baseline size and amount of product packaging for inbound and outbound materials
- The written packaging reduction goal(s) can be provided for inbound and/or outbound packaging, as applicable.
- Data on baseline size and amount of packaging is required for repeat events but not required for one-time or first-time events. Any previous event before implementing the packaging reduction strategy may be used as the baseline, including past TRUE certified events.
- If required actions are satisfied by anyone other than the project or event owner, the reduction goal and implementation strategy must still come from the project or event owner.
- Inbound and/or outbound packaging must be directly related to the event’s operations and associated waste generation.
- Refer to the credit entry in the TRUE Rating System for further requirements.
© Copyright 2020 GBCI. All Rights Reserved.