To ensure container volume, amount, and number of pick-ups for each material type is accurate and appropriate to the generation of materials.
Evaluate all containers to ensure appropriate size and schedules are in place. Implement a strategy for the periodic review of these containers and adjust container sizes and pick-up frequencies with service provider accordingly.
Physical observation of the container prior to hauling can be used for open containers. Review of certified weight tickets can also be used to compare the actual weight of containers to the potential volume. The evaluation should cover an appropriate period of time to adequately address temporal variations in material generation and pick-up schedules. Trash/landfill containers should be reallocated to storage areas or used for reusables, recyclables, or compostables.
- Narrative describing how containers have been right-sized and the periodic review strategy
- Documentation showing adjustments in service levels (such as amended contracts or agreements, change orders, or written requests), or documentation (such as photographs, calculations, etc.) demonstrating that containers are sized appropriately
- The required evaluation of the containers must take place before submittal for certification review.
- The required periodic review and adjustments of containers should take place during the event. The strategy for these reviews must be submitted in the narrative and documentation pre-event and then updated post-event to describe the actions completed.
- Include collection bins in the event space and/or back of house service provider bins, as applicable, in the narrative and documentation.
- Bins from all days or phases of the event must be included.
- Refer to the credit entry in the TRUE Rating System for further requirements.
© Copyright 2020 GBCI. All Rights Reserved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.