To promote efficient operation of transport systems, user facilitation, behavior change and reduced environmental impact through smart technologies and transportation policies.
CITIESAdopt any four solutions or policies to support a city-wide smart and efficient transportation system. (2 points)
COMMUNITIESAdopt any two solutions or policies to support a community-wide smart and efficient transportation system. (2 points) Indicative list of solutions:
- Passenger Information System (PIS) - At least 80% of all transit stations identified in TR Credit: Compact, Mixed Use and Transit Oriented Development, 1. Access to transit facilities must be equipped with PIS system.
- Automated Speed Enforcement - At least 80% of roads to be equipped for automated speed enforcement.
- Traffic Surveillance: At least 80% of all transit stations identified in TR Credit - Compact, Mixed Use and Transit Oriented Development, 1. Access to transit facilities must be equipped with CCTVs for traffic surveillance.
- Global Positioning System (GPS)/ General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) - All public transit vehicles must be equipped with GPS/ GPRS system.
- Signal Synchronization and Transit Signal Priority - All signals on major roads must be synchronized or prioritized to address varying traffic flows.
- Integrated Ticketing System - At least 80% of all public transit systems and subsystems to have Automatic Ticketing System.
- Real-time Parking Management - At least 80% of all public and multi-level parking to have real-time parking management system. Electronic Toll Collection - All toll booths and plazas to have electronic toll collection system.
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) - Adopt RFID technology for logistics and/or for public transportation system.