To support waste management and move towards net zero waste city.
CITIES, COMMUNITIESMeasure the total weight of waste (in lbs., kg, or tons) that is generated, and the total weight that is diverted from landfills or incineration for a minimum period of the most recent calendar year. LEED points are based on waste performance in Arc across two metrics:
- Municipal solid waste generated (in metric tons per year per capita)
- Municipal solid waste diverted (% of total generated)
Table 10. Waste Performance Score in Arc and corresponding LEED points
Waste Performance ScoreThe Waste Performance Score rates the resource consumption and resource use efficiency of the city (waste generated and diverted) against the consumption and efficiency of comparable cities or communities. The score is a value from 1-100 based on the cities’ total weight of waste generated and the total weight of waste diverted from landfills and incineration facilities.
Performance Score CalculationTo calculate the Waste Performance Score, following data is required:
- Municipal solid waste generated (lbs., kg, or tons)
- Municipal solid waste diverted (lbs., kg, or tons)
- Total population of the city or community
© Copyright U.S. Green Building Council, Inc. All rights reserved.