Provide visual comfort and enhance acuity for all users through electric lighting.
Light Levels for Visual Acuity
The following requirements are met:
All indoor and outdoor spaces (including transition areas) comply with illuminance recommendations specified in one of the following lighting reference guidelines:
- IES Lighting Handbook 10th Edition or IES Lighting Library.
- EN 12464-1: 2011.
- ISO 8995-1:2002(E) (CIE S 008/E:2001).
A lighting plan details the below:
- Tasks or activities considered for visual lighting design in the project. All tasks and activities regularly undertaken by occupants are considered.
- Height of work plane or other target of illumination.
- Age ranges for the majority of occupants.
Note: Design specifications should include the reference guideline used, illumination levels achieved, height of work plane or target of illumination, tasks/applications considered and age groups of occupants.
© International WELL Building Institute