Provide economic and social benefits to the local community by providing publicly available on-site events, facilities, amenities, or programming.
- Achieve Pre-Design C2.4: Engage users and stakeholders.*
- Achieve two of the following four SITES credits:
- HHWB C6.4: Support mental restoration
- HHWB C6.5: Support physical activity
- HHWB C6.6: Support social connection
- Education C9.1: Promote sustainability awareness and education
- Provide free public site access to four specific, equitable site elements (which may include some combination of amenities, activities, facilities, programs, or events) in the first three years of operation. Elements must be associated with the above credits that have been identified by the local community as a need or desirable element.
* Note: This requirement does not apply to single-family residential projects.
- Actively engage with the local community to identify needs and develop options to generate or share the economic and social benefits of the site.
- Permanent elements and temporary installations may promote benefits for different user groups. Select options that allow use of the site to benefit and engage a wide range of local residents, beyond the primary user groups.
© Copyright 2020 GBCI. All Rights Reserved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.