Conserve resources and avoid landfilling useful materials by reusing salvaged materials and appropriate plants.
Percentages are based on cost or replacement value. Soils and new materials with recycled content are excluded from this credit.
- Reuse salvaged materials (including plants) for at least:
- 10 percent of total materials cost, excluding soils 3 points
- 20 percent of total materials cost, excluding soils 4 points
- Establish a project goal for salvaged materials and identify material suppliers or local projects that can help achieve this goal by supplying salvaged goods.
- Salvaged plants should be disease-free and show no signs of stress prior to moving
- Some native plant societies will rescue plants prior to construction and can also be a resource for conserving plants off site until they are ready to be reinstalled.