To encourage the cleanup of contaminated lands and developing sites that have been identified as contaminated.
Option 1. Brownfield site (1 point)At a project site identified as a brownfield or where soil or groundwater contamination has been identified, and the local, state, or national authority (whichever has primacy) requires its remediation, perform remediation to the satisfaction of that authority.
Option 2. High-priority redevelopment area (2 points)Achieve the requirements in Option 1.
ANDLocate the project in one of the following high-priority redevelopment areas:
- EPA National Priorities List
- Federal Empowerment Zone
- Federal Enterprise Community
- Federal Renewal Community
- Department of the Treasury Community Development Financial Institutions Fund Qualified Low-Income Community (a subset of the New Markets Tax Credit Program)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Qualified Census Tract (QCT) or Difficult Development Area (DDA)
- Or a local equivalent program administered at the national level for projects outside the U.S.
© Copyright U.S. Green Building Council, Inc. All rights reserved.