Required | 19 possible points
- Buildings – All types of buildings such as residential, commercial, institutional and industrial buildings under public and private sector.
- Transportation – Public and private transportation.
- Street lighting and public area lighting.
- Water and wastewater.
- Waste management.
- Any other sector such as energy generation, mining or extraction if it falls within the city boundary.
- Use U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) regional grid mix coefficients to calculate GHG emissions by energy source; or
- Use hourly emissions profiles from U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Avoided Emissions and geneRation Tool (AVERT)
- Use national grid mix coefficients from the International Energy Agency CO2 Emissions from Fuel Combustion 2017 report to calculate GHG emissions by energy source.
- ISO 52000-1:2017 – Greenhouse gas emission factors for each building energy source shall be determined consistently with ISO Standard 52000-1:2017 and published for the country or region where the project is located.
1 ASHRAE 90.1-2016 Compliance pathways in Section 188.8.131.52 include compliance with all mandatory provisions, and compliance with one of the following: (i) Prescriptive provisions of Sections 5 through 10 (ii) Section 11 Energy Cost Budget Method or (ii) Normative Appendix G Performance Rating Method. When using Appendix G, the Performance Cost Index (PCI) shall be less than or equal to the Performance Cost Index Target (PCIt) in accordance with the methodology provided in Section 184.108.40.206.
© Copyright U.S. Green Building Council, Inc. All rights reserved.