To uphold a process that ensures the civil and human rights of all people is fundamental
- Adopt a policy-based mission statement to promote a discrimination free quality of life for all relating to employment, housing, and public accommodations on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status or familial status and gender identity or expression.
- Describe initiatives and policies that ensure the voting rights of all eligible voters are protected.
- Integrate community policing and procedural justice into police department operations to support and build trust with residents.
- Have in place a local officer or Commission on Human Rights who is responsible for:
- formulating and carrying out educational programs designed to minimize or eliminate discriminatory practices;
- receiving and investigating complaints alleging any discriminatory practices by police or non-police;
- providing mediation services to resolve incidences of alleged discriminatory practices; and
- publishing an annual report detailing any issues, complaints, and other activities;
- advising leadership on human rights issues.