To provide accessible green spaces to positively impact physical, mental and psychological health and well-being of the community while also enhancing the environmental quality.
Meet all of the following requirements:
- Provide a minimum of 121 square feet per person (11.25 square meter per person) of green space within the city.
- Minimum area of each parcel of green space must be no less than 7212 square feet (670 square meters).
- 90% of the dwelling units must have a green space within 1/2 mile (800 meters) walkable distance. Adopt either or combination of both of the following criteria to meet the requirement.
- Walkable access to a public park.
- Adopt building ordinance to the effect that residential areas which are not within walkable distance of a public park should provide an equivalent of 121 square feet per person (11.25 square meter per person) of green space within walkable distance.
References: LEED v4 ND NPD Credit: Access to Civic and Public Space STAR Communities V2 BE-6: Public Parkland, Outcome 2: Proximity
© Copyright U.S. Green Building Council, Inc. All rights reserved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.