To support energy management and identify opportunities for additional energy savings by tracking building-level and system-level energy use.
Install advanced energy metering for the following:
- all whole-building energy sources used by the building; and
- any individual energy end uses that represent 10% or more of the total annual consumption of the building.
The advanced energy metering must have the following characteristics.
- Meters must be permanently installed, record at intervals of one hour or less, and transmit data to a remote location.
- Electricity meters must record both consumption and demand. Whole-building electricity meters should record the power factor, if appropriate.
- The data collection system must use a local area network, building automation system, wireless network, or comparable communication infrastructure.
- The system must be capable of storing all meter data for at least 36 months.
- The data must be remotely accessible.
- All meters in the system must be capable of reporting hourly, daily, monthly, and annual energy use.
© Copyright U.S. Green Building Council, Inc. All rights reserved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.